Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Inspiration

The desire to become a school counselor started way back in high school. As I blog, you will see glimpses of my past that tie to my present career. I don't want to write my entire history in one blog because it would take way too long and you would lose interest!

I will tell you that my inspiration to become a school counselor came from my high school counselor, Al Jackson, to whom I dedicate this site. He listened when I thought no one would and the best thing about him is he didn't tell me what to do when I was in a dire situation. He just LISTENED. In listening, you will find that your child (middle and high school age) will eventually come to their own conclusions about what they should do. Advice and guidance given at the appropriate times is "worth it's weight in gold."

I would also like to thank Janice Dean, my high school yearbook advisor, who helped me develop my love for writing, layouts and picture taking when I was her yearbook editor.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read more and learn more about you. Love your pictures on here too btw

    ReplyDelete