Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hello!

I have been a school counselor for 15 years. I have worked in elementary, middle and high school, with my current placement being a middle school. I am still trying to decide how to best use this blog, but I would love to be able to give advice to parents, students, teachers and fellow counselors from all the things I have learned over the years.

Sometimes I will post case studies and change names and events and ask questions of readers who may be able to give ME advice! I love my job and know that God has placed me in public education as His ministry for my life.

I am a Christian, so much of what I have to say will be from that viewpoint.

It is possible to be a counselor in public education and also be a Christian. It is tough at times, but I think the key to being a good counselor is love, compassion and mercy, no matter what your belief system is!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Just stumbled across your blog today. I am a Christian too and am encouraged that you are working in the Brownsburg school system. My girls are just in elementary right now, but I hope they will meet you in the years to come. My husband and I just moved to Brownsburg from Plainfield. We have a home church there, but would love to be in a church closer to where we live. Where do you attend? I know of Bethesda Baptist, Connection Pointe, and Brownsburg Bible Church, but that is about all. Thanks! And keep writing! Great story!

    Shirley Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley, we drive a ways to church. We attend Grace Bible Church, which is near the corner of 465 and High School Rd (south of the Bob Evans on that corner). The website is www.gracebibleweb.org
    I hope to meet you sometime!

    ReplyDelete