Friday, September 7, 2012

After the Rain

The drought of the summer of 2012 has only been matched by the drought in the 1980's in my own lifetime. Everything was terribly "dead" outside my house, or so it appeared. Finally, the rains came again in late August and early September. My sister posted some pictures of her leisurely drive, which gave me the idea of going out and taking random pictures around the house. I couldn't believe what had survived the drought. The vegetables had a little help from me, but even so, they looked pretty sickly most of the summer. I think about how the human spirit can be much the same way. Sometimes people appear to be dead, but there's deep life within them, if only they can get enough water and nourishment. The people that don't make it, often don't have deep roots to carry them through their droughts and winters. It makes me terribly sad, but most people do have the desire to "make it," come drought or rain pour. Enjoy the pictures I took around my house as you reflect on your own droughts, and then the rains that brought you back to life.










No comments:

Post a Comment