Saturday, March 17, 2012

Good Kids Doing Great Things #3



A while back, I started posting notworthy items when I saw something about good kids doing great things. This time I wanted to write about our annual middle school 8th grade vs. faculty basketball game. A few years ago I particpated by playing in the game, huffing and puffing down the court. Last year I had broken my shoulder a few months before the game, so I ended up being an announcer, and decided to do the same this year. This year was "my group" of kids playing, both the girls and the boys against the faculty, and for the first time ever that the principal could remember, the kids won.

The reason for the game each year is to raise money for breast cancer research and awareness. Due to our awesome staff advertising the game, they had both a record number of people come to watch, and a record amount of money raised, over $2500.

Wednesday was declared "pink day," and I am including a couple of pink pictures for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment