Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Break





1/4th of the year is over, wow! When I got home today, looking forward to fall break, the sun was out and there were a few things in bloom around the yard, so I took my camera out to see if I could get any photos. It's amazing that in mid to late October, things are still blooming and thriving. I have a spindly tree in my yard and I wondered if it would survive the winter. Sometimes I look at people on the outside and I wonder how they can survive the winters in their lives because they look so fragile and weak. The tree reminded me that it has deep roots, and will soak up the winter snow when it melts in March, and so too, people can survive their winters if they develop deep roots in the spring and summer, which can soak up the winter snow and cause new growth and deeper roots in the spring. Enjoy the fall weather while you can, and get ready for winter, because it will come whether we try to wish it away or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment